How to get Hotel Jobs in Australia for Foreigners
Hotel Jobs in Australia for Foreigners
Foreigners are people who travel to other countries either to live or work there. It is easy to get Hotel jobs in Australia for foreigners, in Australia since there plenty of opportunities in Hotel and Tourism industry. You can either work on part-time basis or casual employment. Australia being the 6th largest country requires a large work force and thus only its population cannot satisfy its labour force. You can work in the Australian Hotel industry through two ways; that is through sponsored visa for highly skilled people. These visas are only applicable at executive level for people in the hotel industry. Another way that foreigners can get Hotel jobs in Australia is through work holiday. This one allows people between 18 and 30 years of age to work in Australia for a period of one year. This is normally possible for temporary and casual jobs.
Types of Hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia
There are a variety of hotel jobs in Australia for foreigners. This is mainly from the Australian Hospitality Industry and places such as restaurants, boutique hotels, multi-national hotels, bars and entertainment venues such as theatres and stadiums. Some of this jobs are readily available in full-time, casual or permanent part-time, such as:
- Bar jobs and Bartenders in Australian Hotels, nightclubs, Cafes.
- Waitress/waiter jobs in hotel and restaurants
- Food preparation staffs.
- Staffs dealing with functions and corporate boardroom matters.
- Butlers and custom service jobs
- Chef jobs
These jobs mostly occur in shifts. Thus one must be prepared to work in shifts in the Hotel industry.
Places to visit if you want to get hotel jobs in Australia for foreigners
- Restaurants, Bars, Hotels and Cafes- most of the Hotel jobs in Australia for foreigners are found is big cities such as Sydney and Melbourne. These cities have most restaurants jobs, hotels and bars. The two cities have very large population of people living there.
- Entertainment and other sports venues- major sporting and entertainment events are done in Sydney and Melbourne cities. Thus it is easy to get Hotel jobs for foreigners in these two cities due to high demand of hospitality industry workers. Therefore many restaurants, bars, and cafes will be found here making it easy for foreign job seekers to get jobs.
- Through gaming industry- you can also get hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia through the gaming industry which is also big and therefore requires a large work force. Places like betting centers’, member clubs and casinos are good target for foreign job seekers.
- On Australian islands and Holiday Resorts- hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia can also be got on Australian Islands and Holiday resorts along the coast. Employment rate on the Whitsunday off the coast of Queensland is very high. This is due to the large number of tourist visiting the coast. Thus, workers in the hotel and tourism industry will constantly be needed. This provides good opportunities for foreign job seekers to get jobs in hotel industry of Australia. Some of the available jobs for foreigners on this island are bar jobs, sailing hosts, life guards, kitchen staff, chef jobs, dive instructors, cleaners and tour operators. These kind of jobs are always on demand on the coast and on the islands.
The casual jobs increase from September/October to January. This is due to Christmas, the New Year period and the summer holidays. During this time it is easy to get casual employment.
Ways of getting Hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia
- By dropping your CV and Resume to potential employers-This is a good way for getting Hotel job for foreigners in Australia. Potential employers are likely to be found in busy towns such as Sydney and Melbourne. The CV should be written in Australian style and a short cover letter with details of your visa status indicated. You should also inform potential employers that you are ready to be interviewed whether on Skype or face to face.
- Through recruitment agencies that deal with foreigners-Get registered to some of this recruitment agencies who hire foreign staffs to work in the hotel industry. However, you have to be keen as some of them may pose as agents when in real sense they are just conman.
- Searching online for hotel jobs in Australia for foreigners-Google search major websites offering jobs for foreigners especially in the hotel industry. Also look online for employment Ads that are popular for foreign job seekers.
Through networking- Foreign job seekers can be able to get jobs in Australia through friends and other business contacts. Moreover, you can also get hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia through events organized in your home country by the Australian chamber of commerce.
How do Hotel jobs for Foreigners in Australia Pay?
- Casual jobs- casual jobs in Australia pay a better base wage unlike some countries. Mostly people get paid at an hourly rate but this varies among different employers. You can also get paid if you work overtime/late night, weekends and public holidays. Customers who feel they were served well can also tip you off because of the good customer service that they received; though there is no compulsory tipping or built-in-service charges in Australia
- Permanent part-time-hotel jobs for foreigners in Australia can also be on a permanent part-time basis. You work regular hours just like other employees. Other times you work in shifts but still paid on an hourly basis. Permanent part-time people arealso given holidays and sick leaves.
Read Helpful Article About: Canadian Jobs for Foreigners